Corner of W. Jefferson and S. Washington St.
Mt. Pulaski, IL 62548
The Mt. Pulaski House Mural was painted by David Webster (of Washington, Illinois) and was dedicated on September 10, 2003. It depicts Abraham Lincoln in front of the original Mt. Pulaski House, built in 1843. Abraham Lincoln was often a visitor there when he was traveling through as a lawyer on the 8th Judicial Circuit.
The Mt. Pulaski House was originally located in the location of the building that the mural is on. Also, take note of the inscription of "Mt. Pulaski House" on the top front of the current building (built in 1902). The original Mt. Pulaski House was dismantled sometime between 1900 and 1902.