Lincoln Christian Church (Inside Foyer)
204 N. McLean St.
Lincoln, IL 62656
The original Christian Church, that was located next to the existing Library on Pekin St, was used as an interim courthouse (in 1857-1858) after the the first courthouse burnt in a fire in 1857. Abraham Lincoln may have been in court in the church during that time, and possibly sat in for Judge David Davis. This plaque was lost for years but recovered in 2017 and placed in the foyer of the current Lincoln Christian Church.
For more information visit HERE
For more information on the recovery of this plaque visit HERE